These Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Cups are super simple — a great on the go breakfast, lunch or snack! Packed with fiber and protein and low in calories.
• 1½ cups almond milk (or use regular milk)
• 1 egg
• ½ cup brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 2 cups large flake oats
• 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
• 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
• ½ cup Sultana raisins (optional)
• Optional: ½ cup chopped nuts or coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with 15 silicone muffin cups (or grease a regular muffin pan well!).
2. In a large bowl, stir together milk, egg, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. Stir in oats, carrot, pineapple and raisins or other additions if desired.
4. Divide evenly between 15 muffin cups and bake for 30 minutes, until set and golden brown on top.
5. Let cool completely and store in the refrigerator for 6-8 days or in the freezer for 3 months. Serve warm by themselves or in with milk.